




Our sweet, little cat Salty had to be put to sleep this past Thursday. She was almost 10 years old and I loved her very much. She was such a good cat and followed me almost everywhere I went. The poor thing was starting to lose control of her bowels and bladder, and blood was also present when she would go. The vet said it would probably be best at this point if we put her to sleep. It was very hard for me to do! I sent the kids in to Mom and Dad's on the day we put her down.... I knew that I would be a mess and I didn't want them to see me like that, I also wanted to be able to spend time with her before she left and get rid of her 'stuff'.... the litter box, food bowls, etc. while they were gone. Josh ended up taking her on Thursday night at 7:30 and I made him promise me that he would stay with her. He stayed back as long as he could and ended up getting teary-eyed himself! That night and the next day were the most difficult, probably because the kids (big distractions) were gone, leaving me to think about Salty, but it also gave me a chance to mourn. We love you Salty girl.... we'll never forget you!!



Crayton is sitting here reading this with me, and he said "Awwww, Salty" when he saw these pics! So cute! Salty will be missed by the Gibsons!
ReplyDelete