Last week I faced my fear of flying and Josh and I flew out to Breckenridge, Colorado with our neighbors Mike and Sarah. It is very rare that Josh and I go anywhere far away because I am afraid of flying. REALLY afraid! Did I mention that I was afraid of flying? Well, after lots of prayer, reading chapter 7 in Max Lucado's Fearless book, and talking it over with friends and family, I decided to go for it. We had arranged for Mom and Dad to come down Wednesday night and stay through Monday to watch the kids (we flew out early Thursday morning and got back late Sunday night).
I am so glad we went.....we had a really good time! It was questionable whether or not we would get to ski because Josh hurt his back the week before we were supposed to leave. He was feeling better so we took a half a day of ski school and then got to ski a little with Mike and Sarah. The change in altitude (10,000 + feet) was a little crazy..... insomnia, headaches, and shortness of breath were some of the side effects that we experienced.....Mike even had to get an oxygen concentrator!
We ate lots of good food, almost everything was within walking distance of our room, and the town was beautiful. There were people out everywhere, little shops and restaurants lined the streets and at night the whole place was lit up with Christmas lights. It was so nice to get away for a few days, but also good to get back home to the kiddies. As you can see, I didn't get many pictures, and most of the ones that I did get were taken from our car..... (sigh) such an amateur!



No comments:
Post a Comment