









I was born and raised in a small town called Coolville, Ohio. It's in the south eastern part of the state and doesn't even have a traffic light! I love going home and seeing my family. My parents live in the same house they built when I was a little girl and it's special seeing my kids run around in the same house I grew up in!
Not only did we see my Mom and Dad but we also got to see both of my Grandmas, my Aunts Rena and Tena (twins), and a couple of my cousins. The kids really had a good time, they love all the company and greeting everyone at the door. Rena and Gam live beside of my Mom and Dad, so they came down often. Tena lives about 15 minutes away and came down for a visit too...... Carlie loves to play with her youngest daughter Ellen.
While we were there Mom arranged for us to go out to a farm and see some baby sheep. This is the third year that they have gone to 'see the sheep', but it's the first year that Josh and I have been able to go. It was super cold and windy but thankfully the barns were a little warmer. The sheep were so little and cute.... I even got to kiss a couple of them! :-)
It seems like the weekend flew by, but that's kind-of what my life has felt like since Carlie was born! I told Dad on Sunday morning that it felt like we had just got there and now it's time for us to leave. I get sad when I think about how many days out of the year that I actually get to see my parents and the rest of my family. It just doesn't seem like a lot when you sit down and think about it. It's always good to go back home, things are very simple there, and I need a good dose of that every so often!




No comments:
Post a Comment