








Our precious little girl started Kindergarten today, and she took it a lot better than her mother did! I have been waiting for this day, not because I'm in a hurry for her to go, but because I'm so sad to see her go. (I don't even know if I'm going to make it through this post!) She goes to the afternoon kindergarten class, so thankfully I get to ease my way into this whole process..... she's only there for 3 hours, and there is no crazy morning rush because she doesn't have to be there until noon.
She woke up very quiet today, and anyone who knows Carlie knows she's not a quiet girl! I figured that she was feeling anxious about starting school and when I asked her about it she said that she was feeling kind-of 'shy'. I told her how 'shy' I felt when I began kindergarten (we've been through that story a lot lately!). She got a bunch of encouraging phone calls this morning..... Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Kay Kay, Uncle Joel, and Gam all called to wish her well, and our neighbor Sarah also was over to see her off! Daddy gave her a pep talk before he left for work and met us at the school to walk her inside. I really had to pull myself together once we got there!!! It was hard to leave her, and once the boys and I got home they seemed lost without their 'leader' to play with. I felt such relief when it was time to pick her up and she came running out saying "It was awesome Mom!".
I'm feeling very thankful right now! I'm thankful that God has given me 3 healthy kids to love and raise, and thankful that we have the privilege of sending them to a school that will surround them with and teach them His word.



No comments:
Post a Comment