












After church on Sunday we came back to the house, had an early lunch and headed towards Kings Island. The kids have been wanting to go all summer and we have been so busy that we haven't had a chance to go. The weather was beautiful, very nice and cool..... the kids and I actually wore long sleeves and stayed comfortable!
I was a little concerned because I wasn't too sure how Casey would do....(he wants to walk everywhere now!) but he did great and he loved the rides. Even though he just turned 2 he still met the 36 inch height requirement for most of the rides in the Nickelodeon zone. After spending a lot of time on the 'little kid' rides Carlie was ready for something more adventurous so she and I headed out to the bigger rides. The first one I put her on was the racers and I don't think she was expecting it to be so much BIGGER than the little coasters she was used to! It's been a long time since I've been on a roller coaster and it scared me too!! We met back up with Josh and the boys and rode some more 'little' rides and she started talking about getting on a big roller coaster again. I suggested the Vortex (I know, I know..) and she said that as long as I was beside her she would ride it.... so we did! She did awesome.... I could tell that she was scared during the ride but as soon as it stopped she said 'Can we go again?'. I was so proud of her.... she was a real trooper..... walked everywhere with me the whole day and didn't complain once.
We ended up walking out of the park sometime after 8 with our bellies full of blueberry ice cream, our feet sore from walking, our clothes wet from the water ride, the kids clutching their stuffed animals they won, and a fun day had by all!



I can't believe how big Casey looks! Let's plan a trip together before the summer is over! The kids would have a ball! Love and miss you!
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! I love that blueberry (Smurf) ice cream.
ReplyDelete