Friday, October 9, 2009

My little Soccer Stars!














Carlie and Clay are playing in a little soccer league through our church. It is for kids between the ages of 4-6 so I thought it would be good to sign them up and see if they have any interest, and it also works out well because they're on the same team! They practice once a week and have games on Saturday mornings...... playing a total of 6 games.

Clay was so funny during the first practice.... he would stand out there in the field and wave to Josh and I. Sometimes he would yell for us.... "Mom! I have to go to the bathroom!", or "Mom! I'm thirsty!". He is getting better at paying attention to the coach and I'm not sure if it's his age or not, but he doesn't quite share the passion for the game the way his sister seems too. Josh and I are pretty certain that the only reason he gets on the field is because 'sissy' is out there with him.

Carlie on the other hand, loves it! She loves to score goals and scores every game at least twice.... she's the biggest player on the team and quite a strong little girl. One of the players on the team has started to call her 'Rocket foot'..... they get quite a kick out of that.

I feel like I should also mention Josh. Oh my goodness! What an excited Daddy! After the first game I had pretty much decided that at the next game I was either going to have to bring duct tape, a taser, or just leave him in the car. :-) I had to keep reminding him that they're just little kids, as long as they're having fun that's all that matters, etc..... But I have to admit, it was really hard not to scream and I know I hollered a few times too! He brought it down a couple of notches for game 2..... the kids told him he was making them nervous when they were on the field, bless their little hearts. It is so exciting to see them play and Daddy will always be their biggest cheerleader!












No comments:

Post a Comment