This past Saturday we celebrated Carlie and Casey's birthdays 'Carnival' style! We had tacos in a bag (aka walking tacos to some people), hot dogs, snow cones, popcorn, watermelon skewers, cupcakes, and nachos to eat! Outside we rented a Bounce House and also set up carnival games. Each child had a bag with their name on it and 50 tickets inside to use to play the games. The games included ring toss, quarterback throw, duck pond game, and clothes-pin drop. We also had face-painting, and balloon animals.
The parties always take a lot of planning and hard work, but I really do enjoy having them. I must say, that it wouldn't be possible without the help of my family. My Mom and Dad typically stay at our house on the Friday before the parties and help get things together. Mom always entertains the kids and does chores that I can't get done while I bake the cupcakes and do other stuff. This year Dad helped Josh with mulching the flower beds and yard work on Friday and Saturday morning. My sister is so good to me too! She helps me with planning, and always volunteers to take on things..... this year it was balloon animals! She even practiced making them at her house. (My Mom and sister are always the ones in the kitchen cleaning up after the party is over too.) Gam (my Grandma) arrived early on Saturday to help. She got drinks together, helped with food, dishes, etc. Chelsea (my cousin's girlfriend) came down on Friday with my parents and helped with everything..... kids, food, etc. I can't leave out my dear husband..... I know I drive him crazy while getting these parties together! He always says 'Babe, I promise I'm going to get everything that you need me to get done before the party starts.'...... and he always does.
Thanks everyone for all of your help..... I REALLY appreciate it! And Happy Birthday to my precious, little pups Carlie and Casey.



No comments:
Post a Comment