Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe that another year has passed..... and what a busy year 2008 was for our family!

After living on the east side of town for the last 6 years, we finally made the move to Mason. It was quite a chore, but we're finally settled in. The kids each have their own rooms now..... in our old house Carlie and Clay shared a room and Casey's crib stayed in the master with Josh and I. Needless to say, they are very tickled to have their own space and are quite 'proud' of their rooms! While we went from having 5 acres to about a half an acre, the kids get more use out of the land here because it's nice and flat.... they really enjoy our concrete driveway for riding their bikes and the front yard has been perfect for driving their 'gator' and 'jeep' when the weather is warm.

One of the best things about moving to Mason is our location in relation to our church. Before we were driving 40 minutes one way to get to church, now it takes us 10 minutes to get there. It makes it so much easier getting out of the house on Sunday's with 3 kids!

Another milestone this year was Carlie starting pre-school. She has always stayed at home with me, so it was really hard to see her go. I'm sure that I had more 'butterflies' in my stomach than she did! She turned 5 in August and should have started kindergarten this year, but she had to turn 5 by July 31st to start. SO, instead of keeping her with me for another year, I thought it was best that she get some interaction with other children. She really seems to enjoy it!

The pictures that I'm posting for this entry were taken throughout last year. When I look back at some of these pictures I can't believe that another year has come and gone. I am so very thankful for my children. I love them so much and I feel so blessed that God has trusted me to take care of them. Some days are more challenging than others but I wouldn't trade them for anything! I am also very thankful for my husband who works very hard to provide for his family. He is such a wonderful Daddy and we love him very much! Most importantly I am thankful for God. He has blessed our lives in too many ways to count. Finding Him was the best thing that has ever happened to me and He has forever changed my heart!

1 comment:

  1. Christa, your blog looks great and I LOVE your first post. We're so thankful you moved here and that we have gotten to know your family! Your kids are precious and you and Josh aren't bad either ;-) He he. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

    ReplyDelete