Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Christmas with Mom and Dad
Wondering how many Christmas posts I am going to have? Haha! This is the last one, and that is only because we weren't able to make it out to Illinois this year to celebrate with the extended Heap family. Mom and Dad came down on the Wednesday after Christmas and brought our cousin Ellen with them. Ellen is such a great girl. Patient, helpful, thoughtful, I really could go on and on! And guess what??? It just so happens that my kids LOVE her and she loves them! We had a lot of fun during their stay. On Saturday we got together with my sister's family for our Christmas. Since it was New Year's Day we made sure to incorporate pork and cabbage into the meal so that we could prosper in the New Year! Carlie has been crying that she misses Ellen since she left. And I really don't need to explain the love that we have for Mom and Dad. The kids are nuts over them, and every time they leave I get choked up. This time was no different, especially when Casey says "Grandma, I want to go to Coolville with you and Grandpa.". He said it in his sweet little Casey voice. I am sure it's even harder for Mom and Dad to hear than it is for me. I love you Mom and Dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



OH...thank you for sharing with me your blog...it's always fun to see other blogs! What a beautiful header you have of your family-
ReplyDeletesandy toe